March 4, 2012 Leave a comment
So I’ve put up a new video which pretty much details my progress though I’ll summarize a bit here.
As I mentioned, I’ll be updating my macronutrient values to reflect the updated activity multiplier. After some thought, I’ve decided to use an activity multiplier of 1.375 instead of 1.5. Also, I’m using Andy Morgan’s cut ratio of +10/-35 for my training day / rest day split though one way to update this in the future is to switch to a more drastic level of -10/-30 which is actually closer to what I was doing but gives me more calories on my rest days while maintaining almost the same weekly deficit. My goal is by this Saturday (the powerlifting meet) to be deadlifting 400lbs, squatting 300lbs, and benching 200lbs. I’m pretty confident that all of those targets are reachable.
Strength recap, numbers are two weeks ago -> last week -> now:
- Bench press: 185×5 -> 190×2 -> 195×2
- Squat: 275×3 -> 275×5 -> 290×2
- Deadlift: 340×2 -> 340×4 -> 375×1
- Chinup: +30×7 -> +40×7 -> +50×5
I’m pretty happy with the strength increase though I’d really like to see renewed fat loss. I’m going to try my updated macros for two weeks. If it goes well, then I can stick with it through the rest of March. Otherwise, I’ll need to start figuring out ways to tip the scales back towards burning fat (I’m thinking of starting EC supplementation – but will hold off on this till after the powerlifting meet).